How to Make Grilled Pork Skewers
Grilled pork skewers with capsicum and onion is an instalment of Vincenzo’s Plate with charcoal specialist BBQ Aroma. The flavours will literally dance in your mouth when you combine the juicy pork neck with crunchy capsicum. My recommendation is for you to serve this with my delicious homemade Bean Dip (Click here for the recipe) and really impress your guests.
Vincenzo’s Top Tip To Make Grilled Pork Skewers
SAVE some fat
Don’t be afraid to use pieces of pork that have some fat – and make sure you don’t cut this off! It will help the pork to cook and give it a much jucier flavour.
Make sure to cut your pork into square cubes to make it a perfect skewers.
The cooking time really depends on how hot your grill is.
Grilled Pork Skewers
- Charcoal Grill or Barbeque
- Kitchen Tongs
- Stainless steel skewers preferably 25cm in length
- Pork neck quantity depends on how many people you are cooking for
- Green or red capsicum
- White Onion
- Salt and Pepper
- Bean Dip
- Cut the pork into 1 inch square cubes.
- Cut the capsicum and chunks of onion to roughly the same size.
- Get your charcoal or BBQ grill ready and baste it with a small amount of oil so the meat doesn’t stick to it.
- Starting with the pork, put a piece onto the skewer pushing it down and leaving room for you to hold it in your hand.
- Add the onion and then capsicum. Repeat this step until you are close to the top, finishing it off with a piece of pork.
- Season with some salt and pepper (as much as desired).
- Once the grill is at the perfect heat, put the pork skewers on top and let them start to cook through.
- Cooking time really depends on how hot your grill is so you will need to turn it over using a set of kitchen tongs once it starts to brown on one side
- E ora si mangia, Vincenzo’s Plate….Enjoy!
How to serve Grilled Pork Skewers
1. Get a wooden serving board
2. Place the grilled pork skewers on top taking them fresh from the BBQ and place them next to a serving of freshly made and chilled bean dip
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/vincenzosplate