APPLE CIDER COCKTAIL
Living in Australia during the hot, hot Summer means BBQ season. It’s such a popular time to go out with friends and family and enjoy good food and a drink or two with my favourite company. Along with delicious food, it’s pretty common to have a beer with friends and recently I’ve noticed lots of people drinking cider, and it’s something I haven’t tried before.
I’m pretty open to trying new things, so when my wife told me her favourite was Rochdale, I gave the Apple flavour a go…and it was divine.
It seems like a simple infusion really, but it’s actually mind blowing. The thirst quencher is made from a mix of fresh New Zealand crushed apples, yeast and pure glacial water – not one preservative. Glacial water is the interesting part for me because I found out that it is sourced 350m underneath the brewery from an ice age resovoir – nothing short of WOW.
Super duper inspired, I created an apple cider cocktail, with an Italian twist. So if you’re lucky enough to be able to find this cider, recreate my recipe and enjoy the flavours of Summer on your tastebuds.
Rochdale Apple cider Ingredients:
- Only Glacial Water, Apples and Yeast
- Gluten Free – No Added Sugar or Preservatives
- ABV: 4.5%
- Apple Cider
- Hazelnut Liquor
- Crushed Ice
- A slice of Orange
- Diced Apple
- A slice of fresh Apple skin
- In a sexy glass add the crushed ice and squeeze the orange slice.
- Put the squeezed orange slice in the glass.
- Now add 30ml of Hazelnut Liquor, 200ml of Apple Cider and the apple skin.
- Stir it well.
- Finish the cocktail by adding the diced apple and more crushed ice on top.
- Drink it with a straw.
E ora si beve, Vincenzo’s Plate!
Get inspired and check out the amazing McCashin’s Brewery website to learn more about this wonderful family from New Zealand.