SEAFOOD SPAGHETTI RECIPE
This Seafood Spaghetti Recipe is full of flavoursome Seafood and will just melt in your mouth. It is a light Seafood Pasta meal made with Spaghetti alla Chitarra and all of my favourite attractions… Colourful, fresh and DELICIOUS!
Watch video recipe:
Chitarra al sapore di mare – Seafood Spaghetti alla Chitarra with flavours of the sea
20 raw peeled prawns (2 p/person x un-peeled for decoration later)
1 basa fillet
2 x large calamari
A handful of cherry tomatoes
500g chitarra pasta (or fettucelle pasta if you can’t find chitarra)
1 x clove of garlic
A handful of fresh Italian parsley
½ glass white wine
Extra virgin olive oil
Lemon juice (or fresh lemon)
3 x pinches of rock salt
1 x 5L pot
1 x large deep pan
1 x wooden spoon
1 x pasta strainer
A set of tongs
1. Add 4.5L of water to a large pot and place it on the stove to boil.
2. Line the deep pan with extra virgin olive oil, chop the garlic clove into small pieces and add to the pan. Let this simmer on a low heat.
3. Cut through the centre of the Basa fillet and then slice it into small-medium size pieces.
4. Cut through the centre of each calamari and cut these into small-medium size pieces too.
5. Add the calamari and basa fillet to the pan letting this cook on a low heat and stir it together gently.
6. While this is cooking, cut the cherry tomatoes each in half and chop up the parsley.
7. 10 minutes later, add the prawns and scallops to the pan and ½ a glass of white wine.
8. Stir gently once again, then cover the pan with a lid and this will keep all the yummy smells inside!
9. After 5 minutes, stir the ingredients gently and squeeze in some lemon juice or fresh lemon.
10. Add the cherry tomatoes and parsley, stir once again and then add a pinch of rock salt.
11. Once the 5L of water has boiled, add 2 x pinches of rock salt and let this dissolve.
12. Drop the chitarra (or fetuccelle) into the boiling water and remember to use the instructions on the packet of pasta for cooking times as these will vary. You must use a good quality pasta and if you can buy or make it fresh, that would be even better!
13. After 10 minutes, strain the pasta and remove the saucepan from the stove.
14. Add the spaghetti pasta into the pan and using a set of tongs, gently mix the pasta with the aromatic sauce to make sure all of the seafood spreads into the pasta – try flipping it in the pan if you can!
HOW TO SERVE:
1. Using a large flat white plate, place a twirl of seafood spaghetti in the centre and decorate with extra pieces of seafood.
2. Add some extra sauce using a small spoon.
3. Add the 2 x cooked/un-peeled prawns to the top on the side of the seafood spaghetti for decoration.
E ora si mangia, Vincenzo’s Plate…Enjoy!