- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Beginner
This salty pancetta pasta dish uses just 3 ingredients in the sauce to create an explosion of flavours. Pancetta and tomato sauce form the perfect pairing to smother and colour the pasta spirals!
Watch video recipe:
- 500g fusilli pasta
- 250g pancetta
- Handful of fresh basil
- 1 x bottle of tomato passata
- 1/3 onion
- Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 5L water
- 2 medium sized deep fry pan
- Wooden spoon
- Large pot for boiling pasta
- Pasta strainer
- Boil the water on the stove in a large pot.
- Chop up the onion and then the basil and pancetta both into strips.
- Heat up 3 tablespoons of EVOO in a fry pan on a medium heat.
- Add the onion and let simmer for a minute.
- Add the pancetta and sauté for a few minutes.
- Pour the passata into the pan and stir using a wooden spoon
- Add a sprinkle of salt and a handful of fresh basil leaves and stir through once again.
- Leave to simmer on a low-medium heat for at least 15 minutes.
- Once the water has boiled in the large pot, add a sprinkle of sea salt and mix to help dissolve.
- Cook the fusilli pasta according to the packet instructions as the cooking time of all brands of dry pasta vary.
- Strain the pasta and add it to the pan with the sauce.
- Smother the pasta with the sauce using a wooden spoon.
HOW TO SERVE:
- Scoop up a generous portion of your pancetta pasta and add it to a flat round plate.
- Add a sprinkle of grated parmesan cheese and some basil leaves on top. This will add a fresh element and beautiful aroma to your dish.
E ora si mangia, Vincenzo’s Plate…Enjoy!